The biggest succulent sale in the Bay Area returns to Golden Gate Park this June!
June 17-19 2022
- Free and Open to the public:
Saturday 10am-5pm and
- NEW – Society members early access:
Friday 3pm-7pm and
Saturday morning 9am-10am.
- Members can also skip the entry line all weekend! Join now for $15
- Watch for updates to the event schedule below for more info on live presentations, etc.
- 30+ Plant vendors selling unusual species of succulents & cacti you can’t buy at stores.
- Free plant giveaways.
- Plant Hotel (store plants while you shop)
- Juried plant show / exceptional specimens on display
- Display of mixed succulent in pots “Together at Last”
- Expert growing advice.
- Habitat & conservation info
- Proceeds support the SF Succulent Society’s monthly programs and further our mission of education, conservation, and propagation
- Our friends from the SF Bromeliad Society and Gardeneur will also be participating.
Make your experience more enjoyable in 2022
- BYOB – SAVE TREES: Please bring your own box to shop and take plants home
- Please plan to pay by card or tap for quicker checkout.
- Use the plant hotel to store your plants while you enjoy the show
- NEW – community space and seating for your comfort
- Pro-Tip: Saturday morning is always the most crowded and longest lines
- Sunday and afternoons are always less crowded, so come then if you can.
- NEW – We’ve added an additional register to reduce the payment line.
- NEW – More space this year (2 rooms) + additional day (Friday, members only) will hopefully mean less crowding.
- NOTE that the show area is not open Friday for member access, only the sale area.
SUNDAY ONLY – Free Special Presentations
We will follow the San Francisco city guidelines and the guidelines of the venue on the days of the event. Currently that is “Masks and vaccinations strongly recommended”
Location: the San Francisco County Fair Building.
- At the southern edge of Golden Gate Park at 9th Ave. Directions
- Easy access via MUNI lines 44, 7 & N-Judah (Visit the SFMTA web site for more information.)
If you plan to drive, you will have a better chance to find parking the earlier you come, otherwise plan on allotting additional time to park. Look for parking along the streets in the park (Martin Luther King Jr Drive and Nancy Pelosi Drive) or along Lincoln Way. There are hourly parking garages further away (Golden Gate Park Parking Garage North Entrance).
Get reminders and invite your friends
- Sign up for our free email announcement list.
- Help us spread the word on our Facebook event. Mark yourself as “going” and click “share” to send invites.
Sign up as as a volunteer on Saturday and Sunday and get no-line admission and showbucks ($10 per 2-hour shift sale credit) as a thank-you. This is a great way to make friends in the Society:
Show your plants or enter a display in the juried plant show. Fill out this quick interest form, and we will send you more info when it becomes available.
- There will be prizes for individual plants and displays.
- There will also be prizes for the best mixed succulent pot (to support the show theme “Together at Last”)
- Load in for show plants is Friday afternoon till 7:30pm and Saturday first thing in the morning 7:30 am-8 am.
- Plants must remain on display till 5pm Sunday, and loaded out by 6:30.
Vendor list is closed for this year. If you are interested in future years, the best way is to join the Society, come to meetings, and offer to be a featured grower at a monthly meeting.